This dish is a traditional Shabbat fish dish, which is very popular in Spain and Portugal, it has its origins in the 16th century and it was created by Andalusian Jews. Some people say that this dish was the inspiration for the traditional Fish and Chips from England. |
- 1 ˝ Kg., altogether, of fresh hake, fresh anchovies and prawns.
- 150 grams of flour (wheat or chickpea)
- A small package of yeast
- A lemon
- ˝ liter of olive oil.
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Wash the fish and dry them
- Cover the fish with flour.
- Heat a lot of oil for deep frying until the oil is almost smoking.
- Add fish to the oil.
- As soon as the fish is golden color, remove it.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lemon.